The Athletic Department has long been an important part of National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU). In 1996, the Athletic Department was upgraded to a first-level administrative office to provide better service to the NTNU community. Headed by the Director, the Athletic Department has five divisions:
- Sport Activity Division: Responsible for sport and physical activity events for students, faculty, and staff.
- Athletic and Training Division: Responsible for athlete recruitment, training, competition and other necessary support for all varsity teams.
- Sport Facilities and Equipment Division: Manage all sport facilities and equipment for the main campus.
- Athletic Department Gongguan Division: Manage all sport facilities and equipment for the Gongguan campus.
- Athletic Department Linkou Division: Manage all sport facilities, equipment, and sports activities for the Linkou campus.