The College of Science was founded in the spring of 1955, the same year that the Provincial Taiwan Normal College became what is currently the National Taiwan Normal University. Currently it comprises 6 departments/graduate institutes, 4 independent graduate institutes, 1 Ph.D. program (Taiwan International Graduate Program - Ph.D. Program on Biodiversity) and 4 non-credit programs (Opto-electronics Program, Biotechnology and Health Care Program, The Program of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology and The Program of Electro-optical Arts). Located in Gong-Guan campus of NTNU in Taipei covering an area of about nine hectares, the site of the College of Science is a small but beautiful campus.
The features of development of the College are to nurture outstanding technological talent and to cultivate secondary school teaches in parallel. The curricula are designed to prepare students for careers not only in the traditional areas but also including wide range of interdisciplinary courses. For the sake of promoting our hospitality cooperation in various fields, the research results are expected to new heights.
The ways of cultivate-education for students are set out in accordance with developing curriculum map formulated by each department in order to help students enrich self-knowledge and clear planning for their future direction. Through the training of basic science in the College of Science, students will have solid foundation in learning, no matter continue to pursue further education or to get a job, and will be more capacity, more vision and can go longer and farther.